Before the Five Rings
A * before the Advantage name represents updated rules for a Before the Five Rings campaign.
- Death Trance [Mental] (3 points) – You add a bonus of +1k1 to the total of any roll made to resist Fear.
- Isawa-Born [Social] (6 points) – You were born to the Tribe of Isawa, the most advanced tribe of humans in the known world. You may train Civilized skills normally and gain a Family Trait Bonus of +1 Willpower. You may also substitute one item in your starting package for a steel weapon or Isawa Armor. You may not purchase the Servant of the Fortunes advantage, but may choose the Isawa Shugenja school. You start with 40 experience points at character creation instead of 50.
- *Large [Physical] (6 points) – You gain a bonus of +1k0 to the total of all Damage Rolls for any large melee weapon and Contested Strength Rolls against smaller opponents.
- Paragon of Faith [Spiritual] (6 points) – You gain a free Void Point that can only be used to enhance shugenja Spellcasting Rolls or faith-based (GM’s discretion) school techniques.
- Servant of the Fortunes [Spiritual] (8 points) – You are a shugenja, a priest with the power to communicate with the spirits of the world. You may cast spells as described in the L5R RPG 4e. Select one element for your Affinity. Your Deficiency is in the opposing element (Air/Earth, Fire/Water). Your school’s optional skill are replaced by Lore: Theology and Spellcraft. In addition, you gain a special ability based on your Elemental Affinity that can be activated by spending a Void Point as a Free Action. The benefits last until the end of the encounter. Air – Gain +5 to your Armor TN. Earth – Gain an additional +0 Wound Rank (Wounds sustained are not lost when the Wound Rank disappears). Fire – Add your Fire Ring to Attack and Spellcasting Rolls. Water – Determine your movement using your Water Ring +2.
- *Tie of Fate (replaces Kharmic Tie)
- *Warrior’s Hands (replaces Crab Hands)
- Blood of Osano-Wo
- Chosen by the Oracles
- Dark Paragon
- Darling of the Court
- Different School
- Forbidden Knowledge
- Friendly Kami
- Friend of the Broterhood
- Gaijin Gear
- Hero of the People
- Imperial Spouse
- Perceived Honor
- Sacred Weapon
- Social Position