Before the Five Rings
Arm (Earth x 5 Wounds to maim)
- Deep gash – Target suffers a -1k0 penalty to Damage Rolls resulting from attacks with that arm.
- Loose grip on weapon – no skill dice on attacks. Must spend one action to regain proper grip.
- Lose all feeling from arm – Dice from Attack Rolls made with that arm do not explode.
- Maimed – Mauled or severed limb. Lose hand, forearm or arm. Missing Limb Disadvantage.
Foot (Earth x 3 Wounds to maim)
- Can’t support any weight – roll three less dice on any balance rolls
- Pinned – cannot move until weapon is removed
- Fall – end this turn prone
- Maimed – Lose toes or foot. Lost Limb disadvantage
Hand (Earth x 3 Wounds to maim)
- Deep gash – target’s attacks roll one less die for damage
- No grip – Drop anything held in that hand. May not use hand for any actions for 3 turns
- Lose all feeling from hand – considered unskilled on attacks (no Raises, no re-rolling 10′s)
- Maimed – Lose several fingers, thumb, or entire hand. Missing Limb Disadvantage
Head (Earth x 4 Wounds to maim)
Blackout- Target loses next action. Normal TN to be hit (Target may not declare Full Defense).
Blood in eyes- TN to be hit reduced by 5. Must spend one full turn (at reduced TN) to clear vision.
Dazed- -6 on Initiative. Penalty decreases by one each turn until gone.
Critical!- Take additional Wounds equal to the next highest die of damage (Damage Roll now keeps an extra die).
Maimed- Lose an eye (Single Eye disadvantage) or horrible scarring (equivalent to Benten’s Curse).
Leg (Earth x 7 Wounds to maim)
Bloody gash- Lose and additional Wound at the beginning of each turn.
Can’t support full weight- Roll one less die on Full Defense rolls.
Limping- Reduce movement speed by half.
Stumble- Automatically lose initiative (declare first, act last) next turn.
Maimed- Mauled or severed limb. Lose foot, calf, or leg. Lame disadvantage.
Torso (Earth x 8 Wounds to maim)
Painful injury- Lose one die on all Skill Rolls next two turns.
Stunned/winded- -3 on Initiative Roll next turn.
Losing blood- Lose an additional Wound at the end of each turn target declares an attack.
Vitals hit- Take additional wounds equal attacker’s weapon skill.
Maimed- Grievously injured (disemboweled or punctured lung). Permanent Wound Disadvantage. Take 3 Wounds from bleeding instead of 1.